2009年1月9日金曜日

Homework#5

・Do you think it is important to talk about superstitions in cross culture communication class? Why? Is communication affected by superstitions?

Yes, I think it is very important things. Because it is important and interesting to learn foreign country's culture and history. So I think that led to know cross culture to widen my knowledge. I think superstitions sometime influences communication.

・Do you believe in superstitions?If yes, what superstitions do you believe?

Yes, I believe in them very much. For example, I believe in if you whistle at midnight, snakes swarmed around your house. So if I do them, I am scolded by parents. And, If a hearse through past near you, you should hide your fingers. Because fingers means your family. Thumb mean father and forefinger mean mother something like that.

・Why do you do, use, or believe in them?

Because these superstitions are an ancient tradition. I think everyone should follow a long-standing practice.

1 件のコメント:

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

If our ancestors always went with tradition and did not say why, then we would still be living like them ... questioning is important for progress.